SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leibrook

Where can I get a dumpster?

leibrook
17 years ago

Please tell me where one can get a dumpster. I think that's what I need. I saw it mentioned in one of the posts. We have been living in a small temporary house since last December, way too long, while our new house is being built. It should be ready by mid December or sooner. Last September, family stayed with us for a few months from Hurricane Katrina, helped them get adjusted to their losses, then our house sold in November (after three years of trying to sell)and we had to quickly move into a small temporary house, our 14 yr old furry friend golden retreiver died the day after we moved in and then the holidays. It has been an an ordeal. Everything is stacked in the garage and two spare bedrooms and in cabinets, closets, you name it. It's been much too much, not to mention all the furniture stored in professional storage. I have so many different size clothes that I have not worn for years, some with tags. None of my things would fit our displaced family from the hurricane and they have now settled into their own apts. I gave many items to my family from the hurricane, so I have shared with them and have helped them get settleld, find medical attention, housing, transportation, etc. I believe I have a guilt complex over having versus all their losses, although this move has been in our plans for several years. Our house should be completed in 2 months, so I need to go through some of these boxes that we have been storing. I am just so overwhelmed to think about it. I used to garage sale and hate to think of giving up just about every stitch of clothing, new and used, but no longer fits, along with other treasures. We are planning to have lots of storage built into the new house, but for what, storing things of the past. I am so torn. DH is definitely a bookwork and a pack rat, but he seems to be ok with his holdings. I know in the past I have gotten rid of things only to wish I still had a few things. But I need to get started. Has anyone out there used a dumpster for decluttering. Can you tell me where one gets one. I never heard of that before. I believe I can feel the freedom from junk and "treasures" when I envision them gone and not have to deal with storing them or cluttering up the new house and garage. Just because we have an attic does mean, we have to bring over the whole Smithsonian...old high school, books, etc of 40 years ago. I like to do genealogy and have had limited family, so I do get sentimental over some things, though, I need to be free and feel free of some of this clutter . Please forgive my rambling.

Comments (13)