SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sadiev_gw

Extra wide curtain panels for patio door

SadieV
11 years ago

I'm trying to find curtain panels for a very wide patio door. The sliding door is in the middle, with a stationary glass panel on each side. Total width is 110". I would prefer grommet curtains because I think they would close most easily. (Panels will be pulled together to be closed probably daily.) A basic tan or beige, preferably with some texture or a small pattern would be best -- something casual - possibly cotton or linen. I'm finding some extra wide panels, but most of them are the thermal blackout type. I haven't owned any of those for a long time -- and I picture the heavy backing that would crack and peel off the panels after time. I don't need the thermal backing, but would prefer either a heavier fabric or lined curtains -- more light filtering than light blocking.

Budget is a big consideration. I'm working on these for a family member that is on a tight budget. Has anyone sewn two panels together?

Any suggestions for sources for the extra wide panels? Or - can I purchase the regular width panels and sew them together?

Comments (10)