SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsd1957

All moved in!

mrsd1957
16 years ago

Finally. Deed signed over to me in July. Moved in Aug 1st. Got sons & daughter's bedrooms painted before the move, the rest we scrubbed. Everyday DH moves another piece of furniture trying to find the perfect location for it. Nothing is decorated yet - still deciding on things, and money in short supply. The main floor consists of family/living room (we're decorating in cars - Nascar, muscle cars, racetrack flags, etc - have a tire from Kyle Petty's cup car - that's what started the theme), have 20 yrds of fabric with muscle cars on it that will cover 2 walls. The old dining room will become the game room, eventually. Right now its a holding room for everything that doesn't have a place yet. The 1st floor bathroom: we found a clawfoot tub for $20 and a vanity/sink for $15 at the village garage sale, both in excellent shape. Our bedroom - finally my mother-in-law's chivarobe is in my bedroom. And the kitchen: my mom's mahogany table fits beautifully with tons of space around it, got a gas stove from a friend moving to Reno (she bought it, never used it), and kept the 50's sears kitchen cabinets. That tin/copper ceiling and tongue and groove floor will have to wait approx 5 yrs for restoration. 2nd floor: the 2 bedrooms my kids are in plus 2 other bedrooms. 1 is the "keep" room (storage for stuff I kept when we moved in) and the other bedroom is full to the brim with stuff waiting for next years "free trash days". Bathroom is complete on this floor, another clawfoot, and the walk-in closet is Xmas storage. Have done alot of landscapping on weekends: all the thorny bushes along the driveway are now gone, back yard raked up (discovered the Vermont Slate put down for a patio in '56), still have alot of work out there.

Windows architectually can't hold an a/c, but have happily discovered that really don't need them, the way the house is located we get wonderful breezes, and it holds the cool temps from overnight til late afternoon.

Just so happy to be in here!!!

Comment (1)