SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patches_02

things you never knew your cell phone could do

patches_02
16 years ago

1 Emergency= If you find yourself out of the coverage area

of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked.

2 Have you locked your keys in your car?

If your car has a remote key less entry and your spare keys are at home and some one is there. Call home on your cell phone to there cell phone. Tell the person to hold the keys up to there cell phone while you are holding your cell phone about a foot from your car door and push the unlock button on the keyflob and the door will unlock. I know this one will work, we tried it.

3 Hidden battery power

IF your cell phone is low on power to activate, press keys *3370# your cell will restart with reserve and show 50%.

4 to disable a stolen phone

to check Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone. *#06# a 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your phone. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. If it's stolen phone your service provider and give them this code. That will block your handset so know calls can be made on it. This didn't work on mine.

5 Free directory for cells

IF you call 411 for info you'll get charged $1.00 to $1.75 instead dial 800 373 3411 and there's no charge.

Don't know how many of these will work on your cell phones but a couple would on mine.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm