SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollylh_gw

How well do all your finishes match??

hollylh
15 years ago

Hi all--I am doing a kitchen in a Victorian with white inset cabs, honed black granite, SS appliances, etc. I've been trying hard to pay attention to all the details, but somehow ended up with a mix of metals that I am worried will be crazy. How well do everyone's finishes coordinate? And if you have a family room next to the kitchen, do you continue the same finishes?

Here's my deal so far: I will have a copper hood; polished nickel pendants; hinges on the upper cab doors that were supposed to be black but I think look more like ORB. In the adjoining family room, the hardware on the French door is ORB.

so here is my main question: I have to get the cab hardware soon (like now). I had wanted nickel but then fell in love with some Eastlake-style cast iron cup pulls, which is how I ended up with the black (but not really black?) hinges. I got the cup pulls in the mail and in person am unsure...

so, do I stick with black? will that look okay with the nickel? do I do glass knobs instead? do I buy new nickel hinges for $$ and go back to the nickel hardware?

or, I could even have wooden knobs, although I don't love that look.

and to make things more complicated...do I continue with nickel for the light fixtures in the breakast room/family room? Of course the fixture I want for the table only comes in antique nickel...which looks more like pewter.

I wish I could post pix but none of this stuff is actually installed yet.

What did you all do? Help!

Comments (18)