SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ganggreen980

Care to take a stab at my layout?

ganggreen980
16 years ago

Okay, here is our current proposed layout - maybe.

Notes about us:

Family of four, two boys ages 10 and 12. Not gourmet cooks, but I'm in there 5 to 6 days a week making dinner, packing lunches, etc. Kids are in there for breakfast and snacks.

I have issues with the current layout. Hubby wants the slide-in range in the island or beside the dishwasher. I'm not sure I do.

The house is a split-entry. We're knocking down the wall between the living room and kitchen and the dining room and kitchen. See where the stairs come up? The living room is immediately to the right of that. The dining room is off to the right of the kitchen. Bedrooms and bathrooms are down a hall off to the left.

The kitchen faces west northwest and gets little to no light. The only sun that ever hits is in June, July, and part of August when I get a bit of sun for about an hour only through the window over the sink. There is a deck out that door. Back yard is yet another project, currently a mud pit, but we back up to a ravine, so when there are leaves on the trees, all you can see are trees back there.

I'm open to any and all thoughts!

Thanks so much!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida