SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cll2008

Kemper vs. Decora and Hello!

cll2008
16 years ago

Hi,

First I would like to say hello and thank you for all the wonderful postings. I have been lurking here for about 6 weeks and can't believe how lucky I have been to find this place before we were very deep into our remodel. The first thing I have learned is that "yes" it is ok to change my mind many times. :)

My first of what I am sure will be many questions is in reference to cabinet brands. Long story short; we had chosen a cabinet by Decora and while in the store went to another display and fell in love with a door by Kemper. The door styles were very similar; both were white with a glaze. The salesman in the store said "oh that brand is a bit cheaper too, so you will make out better".

We happen to be dealing with another sales person; she was not in at the time. She came back with the quote a few days later and it was about 15% more then the Decora.

Does anyone know if Kemper really is a cheaper line then Decora? And just for the record Schrock came back in between these two prices from another store, but we don't prefer that store because they seem to be slow on everything.

Thanks so much for your help and again nice to come out of hiding, Crystal

Comments (9)