SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

Waiting, waiting, waiting, patience is getting thin!

glenda_al
12 years ago

Done my part on getting apprisal on my fender bender by Mercedes employee, and having it faxed to the dealership.

Two phone calls to the general manager, and he's not returning my calls.

Do know he's been at work today.

May have to take a drive over tomorrow if I no hear.

I WANT MY CAR REPAIRED and they said they would cover it with their insurance.

Comments (31)

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

I don't blame you. The whole thing is a big enough pain without getting the run around from them. I hope it goes smoothly.

• marie_ndcal
    12 years ago

I am sorry Glenda but welcome to the world of accidents. What is YOUR insurance agent doing for you? He/she should be following thru also.

• Related Discussions

I've waited and waited, but now I'm sure...

Q

Comments (1)
    maybe because a hybrid it will come up a bit later?
    ...See More

still waiting...albeit not so patiencely lol

Q

Comments (6)
    lmao too funny Eloise!! was trying to show comparison of size and well had to use that left hand lol....was hoping that I would have one blooming for me when I got home from work..but nada dang thing..at least the buds are still there..although I did find one that had fallen off..acckk..lol..but I did receive my order today from Country Gardens..nice decent size plants.. so all in all a good day
    ...See More

Waiting...waiting...

Q

Comments (14)
    Martha, you waited so long, you finally had to step up and do a trivia yourself. Good job! I kept trying to post all day yesterday, but something was goofy with the GW server, I guess, and it would never take me to the Preview Message page. It was very weird not being able to respond. I kept wanting to yell "I'm here! I'm right here! Somebody hellllllp!" Anyway, I hope it is all fixed now. ThinMan
    ...See More

Still Waiting, Yes, Still Waiting

Q

Comments (9)
    I actually enjoy waiting - it increases the suspense! One swap I waited three months for a package from Japan, and it was sooo worth it! These packages are very much like Christmas, and I guess they bring out the child in us at times! Normally, I would try to figure out which senders have had their packages received so that I could narrow my choices of which person is sending to me, but I've been a bit swamped with work lately (which is good, for a change). Lars
    ...See More
  • glenda_al
    Original Author
    12 years ago

IT is NOT my insurance company responsibility. Have talked with my agent, I am doing as told.

• jannie
    12 years ago

I also had an accident last week-hit and run while I was legally parked outside a store. I came out to find both passenger doors dented and scratched. Took it to my locsl body shop, the insurance adjuster was there last week. Nearly $3200 damage, should be fixed by the end of this week. I really miss my car! G;enda, good luck with yours!

• Chi
    12 years ago

Sad to say, it's probably not a high priority for them. There's likely a long process on their end and a lot of paperwork when they actually get around to it. Is there some kind of insurance law on when they need to get back to you?

I hope you get resolution soon.

• sjerin
    12 years ago

I hope you got their promises in writing? Be a pain in the patootie, Glenda! Sometimes that's what it takes.

• kacram
    12 years ago

How many days has it been since it was faxed to the dealership?

• kacram
    12 years ago

ttt

• kacram
    12 years ago

any news? How many days has he had the estimate?

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Talked with him this morning, and appointment made to put in for repairs the 13th.

Dealership, using their insurance, will pay for the repairs, but he's not sure about the loaner car.

I called the rental car, Enterprise, and if the dealership doesn't pay, they will give me the insurance rate of $27 per day x 4 days.

But I'd rather they pay, but if not, I'll do it myself rather than going to my insurance company.

• patti43
    12 years ago

Glad you got an answer Glenda. And I sure hope they will pay for your rental. Get mean, if you have to!! LOL!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    12 years ago

He needs to pay, or provide one, Glenda they have plenty of cars available to loan to THEIR customers so he has the cars, if it was not for HIS employee you would not be in this situation you do NOT need to be inconvenienced!! Play hard ball girl! Tell him exactly that! He may try to weezle out of it but he has the ability! If he won't do it then tell him his employee WILL!

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    12 years ago

His comeback was that it happened on private property and that I should pay for my car. That the insurance is reluctant but will pay for the repair. He's SUPPOSED to get back with me this afternoon. I doubt it. I'll have to call tomorrow.

Well, last time, it happened before Christmas, it was on private property. We didn't call the police, and the woman that hit me, took care of everything. All done in 2 weeks. No problem.

• kathy_
    12 years ago

I'm thinking you might be able to sic your insurance company on them if they don't come through. I still would notify them in case.

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

Maybe you should at least speak to your agent and ask them what the other guys responsibility is in regards to loaning you a car. If that's not necessarily part of the deal then I guess you're at a loss.

• gemini40
    12 years ago

We have "No fault" insurance here in MA. So regardless of who is at fault all repairs are done through your own insurance company. So easy. No waiting around .
    Your car would have been already repaired Glenda .I would have gone to the same repair place you had work done at before, not through the Mercedes dealership.
    Your insurance should absolutely be involved in getting the car repaired and paying for the loaner.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I DID go first as soon as the accident happened, to the repair place, and they had to talk with the Mercedes place first. AFter I dropped by my agent, who told me not to call my insurance company.

I'm just doing as told by folks on my side.

Now the Mercedes place is in contact with the repair place.
    Jus waiting to hear if they will pay for the rental car, the Mercedes place, that is.

• kacram
    12 years ago

I wouldn't think that they would pay a rental company.
    It IS a mercedes dealership and I bet you 20 bucks that
    they give their customers LOANER CARS when their car is being serviced for any length of time. I just know they
    have loaner cars and they should make one available to you!

• linda_in_iowa
    12 years ago

Usually you insurance company handles everything for you. I can't figure out why your agent told you NOT to notify your company. Have you had several claims?

• Sally Brownlee
    12 years ago

Mercedes. Really? I would think most high-end dealers would be tripping over themselves to make this right.
    My gut is telling me they did not turn this into their insurance.
    Make sure you speak to the body shop and get original Mercedes parts.

• marie_ndcal
    12 years ago

I too am surprised that your agent told you not to contact the company. When I had my accident several months ago, I called my agent, he said to call it in and get a claim number. That is what I did. They followed thru to make sure that their insurance paid and repaired it in a timely manner. That is what my company did. But I had my car towed in, not because I could not drive it, but that is what the police suggested.

• Chi
    12 years ago

I'm confused - don't agents work for the insurance companies? I'm not an insurance expert by any means but isn't there some possibility of liability down the road if an incident isn't reported? Say there's a problem with the car that isn't immediately noticeable so the Mercedes dealership won't fix it later on when it becomes apparent and neither will your insurance since it wasn't reported. Then you might be liable to fix it yourself since there's no proof or record anywhere with your insurance.

You might want to get a second opinion Glenda. You seem to be doing just what you are told and not questioning it, but sometimes people are self-serving and not necessarily looking out for your best interests. It can't hurt to get some additional information.

• kacram
    12 years ago

Salgal,
    Glenda's car is a Nissan. (I think! lol). Her car was
    hit in a parking lot by one of the Mercedes dealerships
    employees who happened to be driving a client car!

• Sally Brownlee
    12 years ago

Thanks Kat- somehow I missed that.
    Miss Glenda you do what you think is right, but this girl would be reporting it to my insurance company. You pay them every month to be your voice when something like this happens.

• wildchild
    12 years ago

It sounds like the Mercedes dealer is willing to do the repairs as a good faith gesture. Because in reality when someone is backing out of a space they must yield to the flow of traffic. Whether the other driver was "reckless or negligent" is a separate issue. Parking lots are private property and blur the issue further. The agent has probably told Glenda to avoid reporting the incident because she would be found at least partially liable for contributing to the accident. I know it seems unfair but that is just how it is. She's getting a gift from the dealership. He doesn't want to open the can of worms about the real liability issues.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    12 years ago

She was not backings out she was already in the lane the guy backed out into the side of her car so he was totally at fault, if his employer does not cover it then the individual is responsible, since he was driving a customer car that brings the dealership into play.
    All dealerships have loaner cars available, so he should do the right thing and provide one.
    I don't think the dealer would like to have it known that an employee, who was driving a customers car, in a parking lot kissing some woman, then carelessly backed into a senior citizen lady and then did not take care of it.
    This is not the kind of thing you want to end up say on the Internet or on the local news perhaps!

• Chi
    12 years ago

You have to be careful about slander when you're dealing with facts vs. opinions. From what I can tell, the only facts are that he hit Glenda's car while driving a customer's car. Whether that is against the dealership rules to be driving it, whether the driver was in fact being careless or whether it truly was an accident, the role of the girlfriend, though honestly I don't see why kissing his girlfriend has anything to do with it, and his role in getting it taken care of, as usually that's something that gets covered in corporate red tape and paperwork and likely out of his hands as soon as he made the report. Seems like a lot of assumptions to me.

• nicole__
    12 years ago

Glenda....You have collision insuracne right? Full coverage? YOUR insurance company should repair YOUR car and waive the deductible...then YOUR insurance company goes after the "other" guy at fault to get their money.

Unless ALL you carry is liability insurance?

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You know what:

ENOUGH SAID!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

DROP IT!

• Chi
    12 years ago

Oh brother. Glenda, this is a public forum that you're posting your problems on so I don't know what you expect. People are going to chime in with advice/opinions because that's the purpose of a forum, whether they agree with you or not. I know I've invested my time trying to help you and I don't really appreciate being yelled at for it.

• wildchild
    12 years ago

She was not backings out she was already in the lane the guy backed out into the side of her car so he was totally at fault,

Backing out were her words. Unless she was moving forward she was backing out. Even if she wasn't moving if her shifter was in reverse it is "backing out". When two vehicles are backing out there is shared liability. You can't change facts just because you don't like them or they seem unfair. It is what it is.

Different state have different laws on reporting. But she is getting a gift by having them repair her car without quibbling.