SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddiemom6

Why we organize.. escaped thread

maddiemom6
19 years ago

I am moving this from the Playroom thread since I don't want it to be a reflection on individual people and how and what they choose to own, I am feeling that it's unfair and I don't persoally feel I want to make people justify what they own. ...soooooo moving right along..

When I organize I do it for the feeling of peace I get when things are in their proper place. For this means getting rid of things that are not being used, but for others this might mean buying more bins to store these things. I mean.. mind you I consider the the ~Container Store~ right up there as my personal Mecca, but after a while there is just only so many storage bins one can have!

Oddly enough the upshot of getting stuff cleaned up has been a better sex life.. when my bedroom looks good ( as opposed to the dumping ground it can become) I feel good, I want to be there.. and that is a good thing.. this in turn leads to a very happy husband.. who is then also more productive.. so while taking the time to do these things does feel a bit much at time.. the far reaching effects are so good that it's benifit cannot be denied.

So why do you organize.. and what unexpected benifit have you gotten from it.

Maddiemom6

Comments (23)