SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

Real Simple goofed! write-on wipe-off calendar a mistake

talley_sue_nyc
17 years ago

In the current issue (I think it's the current one--I don't have it here), Real Simple does a makeover of a family's command center.

They replace the paper calendar with a snazzy-looking write-on, wipe-off calendar.

What a bunch of morons!

So now, once a month, she has this annoying chore--she has to erase the calendar, and write all the new numbers for it. Plus, she has to fill in all the upcoming dates and obligations, PLUS look on some OTHER calendar to remember which ones are the holidays, etc.

Speaking of those upcoming dates and obligations--Where is this poor woman supposed to write down the info for NEXT month? For October?

When someone calls her to ask them to do something, where will she look to remind herself that this is the HOLIDAY weekend, and they'd hoped to go out of town on that weekend?

I don't know about your life, but me, I'm still in March. And yet on Sunday, I got the list of duties at church, and my DD has acolyte duties on the 8th of APRIL. How in the world would I remember that with a write-on, wipe-off calendar? I can't write it on the calendar, remember--I'm still in March.

I'd have to have a special file folder (ERROR: creating the neeed for yet another 'home' for 'stuff) for this sort of upcoming thing.

And the chart doesn't tell me that the 8th is Easter--which is something I would want to know before we got to the 8th--so I'd need to keep another calendar in that folder so I'd have somewhere to look (ERROR--creating a need for a duplicate)

I'd so crabby about this--I'm sort of amused at myself how mad I am. What a bunch of idiots!

Write-on, wipe-off calendars have a purpose--for rapidly changing schedules in a workplace, perhaps--or maybe for the daily chores, since kids might decide to swap duties to accommodate one another.

They are a lousy place to keep a true master calendar.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022