SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

New Pictures, more information... A Bit Nervous!

tinker_2006
13 years ago

Today, we had the home inspection of our "1955" house, and as I expected, the 2 inspection companies agreed with me, dating this house back to 1920-1930. Traces of the old Knob and Tube, crystal door knobs, lathe & plaster, cypress ceiling...

I just adore the house, and I know it needs a lot of work, but it needs more than we expected! Electric, needs service increased, and many wires taken care of. The roof is new, but it was done wrong, needs to come off and be totally redone to make sure it is right (Soft mushy spots). The entire septic system needs to be replaced, 2 showers will need total replacement, windows.. lots of windows, all in very poor shape.. but I would like to look into restoring them, vs. new sashes. Also, signs of old termite damage (not active), which is common in the wood frame homes in FL. Some areas of wood rot, some ceiling repairs, floors need a light refinishing....

We plan on getting some prices for these items and renegotiate the price, I figure with the kitchen redone, it will be close to $300,000 on renovations!

Front of house, that area with the metal peak, was once a porch.
{{gwi:1999701}}From Sunrise Drive

Kitchen pantry and door into "sevant's bedroom".

From Sunrise Drive

Years ago, this area was a porch, they stuck in an aluminum window! We can see the porch floor boards when we open the door.

From Sunrise Drive

Dining Room

From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive

This room, I don't know what I'll use it for. It it off both the dining room & living room, and was once a back porch.
From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive

Love this room, but they updated the fireplace, and I hate it.. that will need to go!

From Sunrise Drive

another view, looking down the hallway into the Master bedroom, to the right is the enclosed porch

From Sunrise Drive

Looking the opposite way, is the entrance, with a coat closet to the side.

From Sunrise Drive

Front door and coat closet

From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive

built in's in living room

From Sunrise Drive

Flash makes this picture look funny, but a small room, off the hall way heading towards the master bedroom. It's tung and groove paneling, has 2 windows that would have looked off onto the porch.. I have NO IDEA what this room could have been used for!

From Sunrise Drive

Master bath, narrow cabinet behind door, not original.. cheap made cabinets that look good, but are not.I really like how it looks and plan on recreating it.

From Sunrise Drive

one of 4 baths.. I'll be repainting!

From Sunrise Drive

Flooring.. hope someone can tell me what wood this is.. they said heart pine?

From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive
From Sunrise Drive

Comments (27)