SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethcw_gw

1st post, 1st Kitchen Reno, White Paint?

bethcw
13 years ago

OMG - I am so happy to have found this forum. Hubby & I bought a house that needs a kitchen gut job, and we are on a time crunch to get it done QUICK. We have NEVER done a renovation before, and are not very handy people. We are super busy, and relying too much on our kitchen designer & contractor. I have lots of inspiration pictures, most of them from this forum! You guys have beautiful kitchens!!!

I know there have been many threads about which benjamin moore white paint to use in a tranistional white kitchen, but I am still stumped. I don't want to make a mistake, and unfortunately, cannot look at the whites in the actual space.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am considering Cloud White or White Dove, but am worried that both of these have a gray undertone, and might look cold? I am worried that Simply White will look too stark, and that Mayonnaise will look too yellow. I don't want a 'cheap' looking white. I want something soft, and rich, with some depth.

Our floors will be espresso coloured hardwood and the counters are yet to be determined. I am in love with marble, but we have 3 little kids and we actually USE our kitchen a lot. My hubby is a messy cook, and I am worried about staining. We have been considering Caesarstone, in Misty Cararra or Cambria in Waverton, but I am worried they are too gray and will give the kitchen a cold feeling?

Am I silly for worrying about this? Will hte wood floor be enough to warm up the kitchen? The colours in our family room, which will open to the kitchen are mostly earth toned browns & olive greens.

HELP!

Beth

Comments (7)