SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammmc_gw

Many ideas but where to start?

SammmC
12 years ago

My house was built in the 1870's. There is so much i can do, we bought the house because of the apartment in the back of the property and because everything that needs to be done with both places would only be cosmetic.

I live in Binghamton, NY, not really a great area to be in but no where near as bad as most. Within the last month i hear cop sirens daily, i hear they are cleaning the place up. Fortunately, for us or house is back on a corner street where people only walk by. I have one normal neighbors to left of me and the ones to right, arent exactly. I would like to make myself feel safe, because right now this house is affordable and whats right for us, at the time being.

I would like to in the next 5 years have this place renovated and get some equity in to rent both places for higher than what they are worth now.

As of right now my first project is making me feel safe as i said before. Its not that i dont feel safe at home, its that i am an activite person, grew up in the country and now im stuck in the city. I want to get a dog to walk with me on the street and at parks. But with this area i CAN NOT do it alone. (i am young and quiet petite woman) I also would like to make my enclosed back porch into some type of patio. I dont have much for a yard but there is potential. It would be awesome to fence in the back yard/ combantion with the back open porch or patio.

I dont really know where to start with this one, i dont want people to think that it is cruel to have a dog in such a small back yard. I am highly active, i love to be outside, i grew up with horses and i loved to go out trail riding, so maybe you can feel my pain when i say i need to get out!!!!!!!! I hate the city with a passion, but i am willing to make it work for my boyfriend and the fact that this is the only option we have right now to afford to live together. the only way i can see myself not going insane is to get outside and walk, but unfortunatly there are many people here who could snatch me so yeah a nice rotweilier or boxer/lab would make me feel better when my boyfriend is working. I am going to post pictures of the exterior of my house, tomarrow when it is light out again. Now i chose this form because i also have many other projects and i figure why not keep it in the same page. My house was built in the 1870's so theres lots of interesting, orginal, wall paper, flooring, etc. I even found old polio leg braces for a young child.

Comments (8)