SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianne47_gw

Elkay Harmony Quartech sink - anyone with knowledge?

dianne47
14 years ago

I've been looking for a sink for new construction for ages and have finally found one I think I could like. It's a relatively new product from Elkay, the Harmony Quartech Drop-In Double Bowl.

This sink has a wide, low divider between the left-hand large bowl and the right-hand small bowl. I would prefer that the bowls were reversed, with the smaller bowl on the left, due to my dishwasher being on the right. But I really like the wide divider and I definitely dislike undermount sinks. The price is right, too, at about $500 from irawoods.com .

I ran a search here and found zero threads about any of the Quartech sinks (there are several models in four colors). Quartech is a new 85% quartz composite that's supposed to be highly stain-resistant and smooth. Elkay has another material they call e-granite which is a similar composite made from granite, I guess it's about the same as silgranit which I've seen numerous threads about here.

My runner-up to this sink is a Kohler Woodfield Smart Divide topmount, but it doesn't have the wide divider. I think the wide divider would be great for filling pots and balancing them on to scrub. My ideal sink would be a Kohler Stages in cast iron, but it doesn't exist. I dislike stainless.

I need to make a decision about the sink this coming week, my new cabinets are being made right now and I need the sink very soon. My new home is in the mountains of northern New Mexico and I'll have knotty alder cabinets with Corian countertops, probably Maui color. I'm considering the Elkay sink in either Husk or Java.

I would appreciate any comments about Elkay, the Quartech material, etc.

Comments (2)