SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftyrn

Annie certainly named her pepper jelly right !

craftyrn
16 years ago

Habanero Gold , that is-- OMG that stuff is delicious & wimp that I am when it comes to hot stuff of course used about 2/3 amt of habaneros called for--

& it's good off the spoon, with yogurt cheese & ww crackers ; with a breakfast sausage dipped in it-- ( lunch at the small craft show today ) . Going to have to do another batch for the Christmas baskets-- THIS batch is staying right here !

Now the Black Forest Preserves--

quite easy to do-- nice taste-- for some reason reminds me of the taste of blueberries . I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder , set is a bit soft but that may improve.

And the Lemon Ginger Zucchini Marmalade --

nice bitter lemon flavor with a strong taste of ginger-- but --- said boil til gel , about 30 minutes . I checked at 20 min and it was past gel stage !! Geeze-- no added pectin in the recipe at all but it sure did set ! Looks caramelized but doesn't taste scorched . OK all you expects-- how do I fix jams that gel too much ?

Didn't get to the relish or Peach Jam for a Cold Morning-- maybe tomorrow .

Did do up Dad's recipe for mustard pickled eggs the other day-- the kind that have to stay in frig-- they taste like Deviled Eggs .

Diane

Comments (15)