SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moana1011

Can you mix natural oak cabinets with transitional styling?

moana1011
14 years ago

This forum is such a valuable resource. I appreciate any and all input, so thank you in advance. I am keeping my 5 year old Merillat oak raised panel natural stain cabinets, but otherwise updating the kitchen. I have selected black/brown Tropical Brown granite. I need to select a tile backsplash, pendant lights and paint color. I have two questions: 1) Would contemporary/transitional styling (such as mosaic Oceanside glass tiles and linen shade pendant lights) look out of place with natural tone oak cabinets? Should I instead gravitate toward more organic/rustic styling like Stone & Pewter Fallingwater slate tile backsplash and schoolhouse pendant lights? 2) Are there any tones to stay away from in the tile backsplash and paint colors, so as to underplay any orange tone in the cabinets? For example, the Fallingwater slate tile has dark amber glass inserts: on one hand, this ties in the color of the floor nicely, but on the other hand, it might also bring out orange tones in the cabinets. The above descriptions are just examples - I am open to any and all suggestions for what tile backsplash would coordinate with natural oak. Thank you!

From kitchen

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!