SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_wayman

Toni_Ne

Linda Wayman
16 years ago

Toni ~ I was reading your message on my tornado thread. I don't know if you have been able to get in touch with your relatives in Memphis and Jackson or not. Just wanted to let you know that most damage in Memphis is around the Hickory Ridge Mall and Hickory Hill area, in case that helps you some. I talked to some Memphis friends this morning in several areas and they all said the only thing they've seen are fences blown down, some wires down and a lot of debris from the roof of the mall. It must have blown for miles.

In Jackson, the major damage is close to the interstate near Casey Jones restaurant. That's in the approximate neighborhood where the university is. It's the same area that was damaged so badly 4 years ago. My grand daughter graduated from high school back then and they had to have the services at a football field because the school auditorium was blown away.

Jackson was hit very hard again this time.

I don't know if you are familiar enough with these cities for this to be of any help to you or not, but thought I would let you and others know in case you are.

Linda

Comments (4)