SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcadvice_2008

Tried everything I can think of:

kcadvice_2008
15 years ago

Hi: I have a situation in my marriage and I desperately need some advice. I have tried everything I can think of. My husband's personal hygene has gotten so bad that I feel I no longer want to be in a relationship with him. Our relationship is good other than this problem and obviously intimacy. He feels it is normal to shower once a week. He also feels it's better not to brush your teeth because it protects them better. Please help! I am suffering here. I am feeling so lonely becuase I have no affection in my life. (MY choice) I can't bring myself to kiss him, or make love to him. His breath is horrible and he smells of body odor regularly. I've had friends complain about his hygene. I've had strangers complain. I have tried to talk to him about it with love and affection. He gets mad and fights with me. I've tried being down right cold hearted about it. Again, he just gets mad. I've asked him if he was feeling depressed about anything and he claims he's fine. I've begged friends to tell him, but they won't. I've drawn him baths, he won't use. I've bought him new special toothpaste he won't use. I am completely lost and don't know what to do. I do love this man, but I think I'm beginning to fall out of love with him. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to go out in public with him anymore. I'm embarrased! What should I do?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths