SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

VOTE!! Pic included! About To Purchase this bedroom..

tinker_2006
12 years ago

Really HELP!!!! I'm hoping voting will have made you click to read!

I don't want to make a mistake, this is a major purchase! I have shopped every store within 60 miles, and really never loved anything I saw on the floor, until I saw this bedroom.

For those of you who didn't read my previous posts on window shades (which I still haven't decided!) and 2 vs 3 cushion sofa's (I ordered the 2 cushion) I have an old 1937 house, that is what I call "vintage, cottage-y" I had hoped to be able to use my nearly new, sleigh bed, but it's a king size and our room is a little smaller, but doesn't have much wall space.

Here is the layout I'm planning - if you see anything better, let me know!

CONCERNS:

#1) I'm usually straight forward, and keep bedroom sets as they are, not mixing things up.. (color, finish, pieces) so that is ONE of my concerns!

#2) the free wall space that the dresser would be going on is only 72"!

Bedroom size - approx 14 x 18

From Drop Box

Bedroom

From Sunrise - work in progress
From Sunrise - work in progress

I was thinking of ordering this Drexel hertiage bedroom, but the wait is about 3 months, AND I have never actually seen it in person (but saw other pieces from it's collection).
{{gwi:1571599}}From Drop Box

(note: the dresser to this bedroom is 62" vs 68" on next bedroom.)

However, yesterday I stumbled upon a bedroom that I really like (and DH did too!)

CONCERNS:

#1) dresser is 68" - designer at furniture store said he thought it would still be fine, but there is little room on either side of it.

#2) finding an armoire for my TV (yes, I MUST have a TV in the bedroom - I love it, but like to hide it too). Please don't suggest no tv in the bedroom.. no can do!

#3) should I stick with the same finish, or if I change things, should I find an armoire finish that matches a night table? or just get the furniture and worry about an armoire later!

Okay, the bedroom which is in stock, a floor model.. is Lexington's Twilight Bay collection. Here is the link to all the pieces if anyone is interested.

Twilight

Bay Collection

Pictures: (in the wood tone finish - I like
{{gwi:1571601}}From bedroom

in the antique white finish DH likes (which really looks a lot nicer in person, it is a little crackled.
{{gwi:1571603}}From bedroom

The dresser (available in either finish)
{{gwi:1571605}}From bedroom

Night tables
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

as ALWAYS.. THANK YOU in advance!

Comments (29)