Why is my tummy bulging? I look like I'm pregnant!
24 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (76)
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
I LOVE my Golden ---- I'm about to kill him!
Comments (17)It is my understanding that the hearworm pill does act as a once a month dewormer for other kinds too. I think I read that on the back, but don't have it here. The idea was that the pill may have "primed" your dogs system to be sensitive or irritable and it is overactive. ( duh can't seem to put it into words.) and needs to be calmed down. If it is not a medical reason, then go back to square one with housetraining. I am betting on his tummy tho, dogs seem to get the idea to poop outside much faster than the concept of peeing outside. It is not pee too is it? Our dogs were crated usually for 8 hours a day with no ill effects as they were worked with and loved the rest of the time and slept in our bedroom. The vet and other resources said that it was fine,(her dog was crated that long) that dogs love their crates- and our do. It is far better for young or unreliable dogs to be safe and cozy in their crates than on their own and getting into danger. We have a yard and always took them outside to play and walked them etc when we got home. As soon as they were able to be trusted, we began letting them remain out for a few minutes alone, then gradually extended the time out. We then took the doors off the crates because they still enjoyed going in on their own. Don't forget to "babydog proof your house" include your kids rooms... Goldens will eat ANYTHING!! corncobs are deadly- be especially careful of your trash. and pill bottles :( and pumice stones ( dont ask) and knee highs... We have put the crates away to make more room in my laundry room as they were no longer going in the crates this summer. We were converts to crating with Bailey and then Cooper, and they are far better trained and happier and loving than the dogs we didn't crate years ago- no bad habits or behavior problems.It is all in how you handle it and consistency in training. They do go through adolescence and that is why training is so important especially through those years, if they are well trained early, then you can draw on that for their trying teen years( yeah they even whine like kids! but at least they don't want the car) You have a great attitude and you will be fine! btw if you have a petsmart near you they offer good training classes inexpensively. The trainer we had also volunteered to train the primates at the zoo. She had her own non animal related business but did the training on the side- her degree was in animal behavior! Look into clicker training - it is a lot of fun and very effective training tool. Sue HTH Sue...See MoreWhy isn't rabbit cheaper? Aren't they sorta born pregnant?
Comments (16)When I was a child Dad bought me three rabbits, a buck and two does. We put them in the chicken coop. In a year we had 119 bunnies, and that didn't count the ones we ate, we gave away, etc. I never did manage to sell one, no one here wants a bunny. You literally cannot give them away, then or now. Dad finally opened that door and let them go. When the boys go rabbit hunting at the farm they still get white bunnies, black bunnies, golden bunnies with white feet. They apparently adjusted quite nicely to the habitat because that was at least 40 years ago and their offspring still are everywhere in Norwich Township in spite of the flourishing fox population. And now I have a family of them in the backyard eating my plants. Of course, my theory has always been that if I feed them, I get to eat them, but there's some rule or another about shooting a gun within the city limits. funny, though, if I try to uy dressed rabbit to eat, it's about $5 a pound. We raised them to eat for a while but eventually no one had the stomach to kill them so we quit. I will tell you that you should not put rabbit in a crockpot unless youw atch it carefully. It'll fall apart and then you spent a lot of time picking out all those tiny little bones..... Annie...See MorePuffy tummy... should I worry?
Comments (8)Hey mclarke, I too am tall and thin and never had a problem with keeping my stomach small. If I started to gain weight (it always went to my stomach) I would just cut down on what I ate and my stomach would go down. Well that all fell along the wayside once I turned 50 last year. I look like I'm 3 to 4 months pregnant now and no matter how much I diet I just can't loose it. I have read a lot about menapause and the puffy tummy is normal. I think the only way I'm going to loose the tummy now is to break down and exercise. What hurt the most though, was when my daughter told me I now had the box stomach like a lot of women get later in life. It really brought home the fact that I am really in my 50's and it makes me feel so old...... Cindy57...See MoreRant - I'm so angry I can't even talk to my husband
Comments (47)Almost 31 years of marriage with his and hers ranting. I learned it from my husband. We never even had a thought about not being married to each other. My hubby just vents that way, but if he doesn't stop within a few minutes, then it is my turn. Then it stops! Some people have a dry sense of humor. Some are trying to make jokes and be funny when they post. That is their sense of humor. It doesn't mean they can't have a rational and meaningful conversation with the other person in their life. Geez, let's lighten up! I doubt the OP is seriously angry with hubby. My mom's going to kill me! I'm so hungry I could eat a horse! I'm so angry I can't talk to my husband! Back to the backsplash tile hunt..... before I pull my hair out! (Another one.)...See More- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 19 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 18 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 18 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 17 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 13 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 13 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: Can I Put a Remodel Project on Our Wedding Registry?
Find out how to ask guests for less traditional wedding gifts
Full Story
MY HOUZZMy Houzz: Creating a Place That Feels Like Home
An artist and an interior designer weave their love of art and design into their first home in San Francisco
Full Story
CONTRACTOR TIPSContractor Tips: 10 Home Areas That Likely Need a Pro
Safety, less cost and better aesthetics on a home improvement project may rest in the hands of an expert
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREThink Like an Architect: How to Pass a Design Review
Up the chances a review board will approve your design with these time-tested strategies from an architect
Full Story
MOST POPULARA Fine Mess: How to Have a Clean-Enough Home Over Summer Break
Don't have an 'I'd rather be cleaning' bumper sticker? To keep your home bearably tidy when the kids are around more, try these strategies
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNPet-Friendly Design: Making Room for the Dog Dish
In a dog’s life, you eat on the floor. Except in kitchens like these, where pets are factored into the design
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNDaring Style: Bedroom and Bath, All In One
Loft-Like Open Plans Remove the Master Bath Wall. Is This Look for You?
Full StorySponsored




Lenidaf_yahoo_com