SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mindylk

Borage Oil

mindylk
9 years ago

Hi ladies,

I've been mostly a lurker here, desperately seeking a remedy for terrible hot flashes. I'm 47 and a breast cancer survivor, so menopause is starting a little early for me and HRT is absolutely not an option.

A few months ago I suddenly found myself in hot flash hell (and here I thought Tamoxifen and chemo hot flashes were bad!), having awful, sweaty ones every 30 minutes (I charted them) and didn't get a good night of sleep for about 7 weeks.

Nettle tea for adrenal support, wild yam cream with no bio-identical progesterone, and magnesium brought them down to once an hour. Several other things did zero. Then I found people talking about Borage Oil (also known as Starflower oil) and started taking it. I started at 1000 mg twice a day for a week and had mild improvement in the intensity, but not quantity. Then read that some people have better luck with 3000 mg a day. I increased to 1000 mg 3 x day about 5 days ago and just realized that although I woke up a couple of times with hot flashes last night, I've only had one today in the last 6 hours, and it was mild!

Just wanted to share something that helped me. I hope it helps someone else too!

Mindy

Comment

Sponsored