Our own Marilyn Sue! (pics)
16 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (29)
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
Related Discussions
our daylily garden this evening... (pics)
Comments (43)Memo...you go girl! You will not be sorry. DLs are such a pretty sight when blooming, and if you get early, mid and late ones you will have a long bloom time. When I got back from an out of town business trip tonight, the bed is just as full of blooms as the evening I took the pictures above. Have you checked out the DL forum? Lots of good info there too. Another great thing about DLs is that this horrible heat we have been having does not seem to faze them. Can't say the same for some of my other plants though. :-( The rain gauge did show almost a 1/2 inch of rain while I was gone, so could have been worse....See MoreMarilyn Monroe...a late season bloomer
Comments (12)HH...not a problem at all..thank you for the thought...and good that you took a wee break! It's a lot of work, canning...but in the middle of winter you and yours will be the lucky ones enjoying the fruits of your labor. ..YUM! My MM opened only two flowers yesterday for the first time, but even with the warm weather and sunshine we are having, they sure are slowwww to open...waiting to see if they all do. If they don't, it's alright...the buds are so stunning on their own. Looking forward to next year to see how much growth my 2-yr. old takes on. Happy canning, HH! :-) Jo....See MorePiggy Sue Update
Comments (16)I'm moving forward getting things ready to go to the DA. I decided to go to the DA and not just have the sheriff come out here and arrest him. I am going to talk to him in person, but I am also going to write a letter. This is more than the fact that someone stole and caused the death of a pet. This is a person with a rap sheet a mile long and one slap on the wrist after another. He thinks he can do whatever he wants and get away with it. He and his friend now have a couple of AR 15 rifles, I have been told. What now? They live on one acre or less. If you shoot one direction, that's the bayou...illegal. Another direction is the road. Illegal. To either side, other people's property...illegal. I have almost been shot twice by them, bullets whizzed past my head. I pressed charges the second time. The first time, he was young....I thought he would learn a lesson. No. I don't know if I have mentioned it here or not, but we have put this place up for sale. I thought eventually these two would grow up and move on....but they have gotten worse as time goes by. Too sorry to work because no one will hire them. I am ready to throw in the towel. I have been looking at a couple of places, and both are close enough, I can move my house....which we have put a ton of work into. I have never had bad neighbors. I have bent over backwards to get along with neighbors because I know how awful it is to live near someone and have problems. I don't have close neighbors now, but when you live near wooded property, all those people who don't have land, flock to it to hunt, fish, and ride their ATVs and generally make a nuisance of themselves. I went to Piggy Sue's vet today (in Galveston) and got a copy of her records that showed she has been spayed. I don't think any of my friends have been accepted as his friend on FB but I have enough to file charges. The pics would just be a little bit better. On my way back from Galveston, I stopped in a town where I used to live and ran into a guy I have known since he was a baby. His older brother was one of our best friends, who has since died. He hunts and fishes and knows a lot of people around here...and he said he would try to help me find someone who has the pictures. It may be a long shot, but worth a try....See MoreMarilyn C- moving??
Comments (58)Thank you everyone. I think we are getting out of here at a good time. The loop 610 goes around Houston. Beltway 8 goes around that, and way out beyond that loop is the Grand Parkway. It isn't completely finished, but a part of it is being built a few miles from where we live. It then goes through Kemah and Seabrook, which is on the bay, where Jody keeps his boat. It eventually ties up with part built in Baytown, and continues on around Houston. There is a bridge between Kemah and Seabrook, and it is going to be replaced with a 6 lane bridge. We went to a funeral today and came back that way to check the boat. The traffic was backed up for miles. On weekends, it is worse. It is a nightmare. Makes me really want to go live somewhere that has a much slower pace. Jody is thinking about moving his boat closer to the Louisiana border, and shrimping out of there....See More- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
Related Stories

FALL GARDENINGBe Your Own Wildflower Nursery
Gather seeds from your garden in fall, and you'll have a selection of plants for next year — without spending a dime
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘Yikes, Tough Crowd’ and Other Quotes of the Week
Some of our favorite quotes this week came straight from the Comments section. See the stories and have your own say
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNA Designer Shares Her Master-Bathroom Wish List
She's planning her own renovation and daydreaming about what to include. What amenities are must-haves in your remodel or new build?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNThe Best of My Houzz: 20 Creative Kitchen Islands
Nixing ready made for readily imaginative, these homeowners fashioned kitchen islands after their own hearts
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN6 Kitchen Fixes for Nomads
Renting? Some Affordable Ways to Make That Kitchen Feel Like Your Own
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: History and Charm Infuse a California Hilltop Home
They've lived almost 50 years in one home, but this constantly renovating couple has design tastes that don't stand still
Full Story
DISASTER PREP & RECOVERY7 Ways to Help Someone Hit by a Hurricane
The best things you can do in the wake of devastation are sometimes the most surprising
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNBright Modern Kitchen With Smooth Lines and a Relaxed Vibe
A peninsula separates zones in this open-plan family kitchen and dining area with a streamlined design
Full Story
TASTEMAKERSBook to Know: Design Advice in Greg Natale’s ‘The Tailored Interior’
The interior designer shares the 9 steps he uses to create cohesive, pleasing rooms
Full Story






veta