SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bubbbles_gw

Is this temporary or is my life effectively over?

Bubbbles
9 years ago

I am 51 years old and I haven�t had a period for 4 months. I can�t sleep without sleeping tablets and I use pain killers that are too strong, too frequently. Every night I am exhusted by dinner time. My leisure activities mostly consist of falling asleep on the lounge. I still have so much I want to do with my life and I think I just have to accept that my dreams are just that, dreams. I don�t know how I can achieve anything in my current state. The days turn into weeks, the weeks into months and I get gradually less as a person.

I have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful boys who are still quite young and deserve more of my energy. I have great friends and I try to keep myself engaged with hobbies and exercise but I have to really push myself and I don�t do it nearly enough.

I am taking thyroxin. It has helped a little but not as much as I had hoped. I have spoken to 2 different GPs who didn�t have any other ideas.

I am not depressed. I know what depression feels like and this isn't it, although obviously I am not particularly happy at the moment!

Does anyone out there have any ideas on what I can do? Is this temporary? Will I ever get my drive and energy back? I feel like my life is over.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor