SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzienj

New Post on Faux Wood Blinds

suzienj
14 years ago

I am starting a new post to get some fresh ideas-- i feel like i'm getting closer to a decision (I HOPE!) lol--- so i went to Home Depot today and found a few choices. Right now i'm leaning towards faux wood for functionality and the colors seem good. I've picked some soft ivorys-- its lighter than the wall color but not as stark white as the molding. Eventially we hope to do some nice drapes-- but we need to start with the interior of the windows.

Option 1 is My Blinds by Hunter Douglas-- the color is an warm ivory that is all one shade (no wood grain)

{{!gwi}}

Option 2 Levlour Visions Faux Wood-- this color is not exactly what i want but pretty close and this one has texture to look more like wood. {{gwi:1404612}}

Which would you pick and why? i think i'm leaning towards the levlour b/c of quality and texture.... though the HD color might be a tad- a bit creamier...

Also we have windows that are 72 wide-- am i going to be sorry i did faux wood?? If i like the open feeling is it going to close the room off? Is it going to be hard to lift these blinds when we want to? Would i be better with opaque duettes or should i go for the faux wood?

Thank you!! Any other advise would be great- i already learned i dont want any holes so no sun gets through and i want the wand for opening and closing.... anything else? LOVE YOU GUYS!

Heres some pics of the room (FYI we are getting a new kitchen table which will be a rich brown wood)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1404604}}

Comments (8)