SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniewy

Kitchen after Botox (pics) and BS help please

anniewy
15 years ago

After following the "kitchens we don't like" thread, it is with great trepidation that I post pictures of our minor facelift. Our house was built in 1992 and everything but the paint was original. We replaced the wood trimmed white laminate counters with 3cm Gallo Napoleon, full bullnose edge. The new sink is Ticor (thank you to everyone here who recommended Galaxy Tool Supply) with a Delta pull-out faucet (Love it). Our 36" gas cooktop is the new Bosch (highly recommend it after 2 weeks of use) with a Kitchenaid downdraft vent. The new dishwasher is a Bosch as well. As soon as the oven breaks, it will be replaced. The cabinet knobs are the original heavy bright brass that I spray painted with a $5 can of metal spray paint and they turned out great. The white refrigerator isn't going anywhere as it is only 4 years old. I would like suggestions on a backsplash. I was thinking of a simple 2 x 4 subway in a matte bisque. My DH refers to that as the high school boys bathroom look. Both my contractor and decorator friend suggest tumbled marble (which I don't want). Today I picked up a glass mosaic. I'm thinking that if I did a horizontal band of that about 2/3 of the way above the counter, the bathroom look would be eliminated. Another option under consideration is random insertion of a ORB decorative in the field tile and no band of glass. I've also included a picture of our living room fireplace since the two spaces are adjacent.I would certainly appreciate any backsplash advice. If there are no responses to this, I guess I'll know what everyone thinks of my kitchen :^)

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen

Comments (17)