SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_4323755

95% finished pantry (lots o' pics)

User
14 years ago

We built a house and moved in 2.5 years ago, and have been working on completing it, our latest project is the pantry, which has a bar area, auxiliary sink, is home to the toaster, toaster oven, ice maker and fridge and storage for a plethora of odds and ends. There's also a sliding door to a lake that gets lots of human and canine traffic.

We still need baseboard trim and the area to the right of the sink will have pull out trash can and compost bin and, of course, we'll stash more stuff in there, otherwise, it's done.

I know it's odd to have the fridge outside of the kitchen, but we have a very open floor plan, and an EIK, and I just hate to look at the fridge, so it's in the pantry.

Details:

Cabs, "vintage" Wood-Mode maple, we bought a display that was made in 1983 (tags were still in the cabs)

Counters, reclaimed bowling alleys, edged with local walnut, finished with Bush Oil (bar area) and Epifanes Marine Finish (sink area)

Floor: gawdawful tile that we hate and someday I'm going to take a sledgehammer to it (with pleasure) and we'll put down Marmoleum. Someday when we have money again, that is.

Paint, Rustoleum Black semi-gloss on the trim ($1/quart at our local Dollar Store), Trim is BM Ylang Ylang, walls are a custom color (read: sandyponder practicing paint alchemy)

Sink, Kohler bar sink in a very bright blue, $40 at HD

Faucet, HD Glacier Bay, made in Italy (!)

Lighting, chandelier bought at an auction for $10, wall mounted light PB on sale

Fridge, scratch 'n dent F&P, $1800 fridge, $400 at a Sears Outlet Store

Ice-maker, Kenmore something or other, $350 at the Sears Outler, and mr. sandyponder's pride and joy

Backsplash tile: vintage subway tile I bought for $20

From the kitchen doorway:

Food storage (spices are in the cab on the left, microwave is under the cab. Canine feeding station below:

Sink area:

Fridge and recycling center:

Bar and toaster area (yup, it's an odd combo):

View out the slider door (those little dots are ice fishermen):

sandyponder

Comments (16)