SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lzerarc

My completed kitchen reno....

Epiarch Designs
13 years ago

I bought this house has a complete steal and a flipper and something for us to live in while I work on designing and building the new house. SO I thought I would post up picks of the kitchen. We actually redid the entire house with everything from new electrical and heating, to gyp and insulation, new windows and doors, floors, everything. Here are some of the kitchen pics. A small galley kitchen, not ideal but works for us until the new house can be done.

The original kitchen was a combination of plywood and metal cabinets, pergo oak laminate floor, horrible layout (check out the cabinets sticking past the arch!) and beautiful fake brick!

and now the new pictures. Mahogany flooring was installed through the house. In order to maximize my flipping profits, all cabinets are unfinished, so we finished them in white. I took out the crappy white epoxy drawer slides and installed new full extension slides I ordered online for just over $100 for all drawers. Tile is a combination of glass mosaics and 4x4 squares we made a pattern with. The ENTIRE kitchen reno cost less then 5k...no one can believe me (yes, this includes the appliances and windows, excludes wood floor). Good shopping and a lot of online deals goes way further then running to Lowes to get what you need. (mosaics ordered online for $4 sqft for example).

The counter we went with a laminate in a dark brown color. I hate laminates that try and look like something they arent, like 'granite' for exmaple. Cost around $800, but it was damaged when we went to pick it up...they said they would order a new one, but I asked if I could buy it at 30% off. They agreed. The damage was a panel on the end that boarders the fridge I just glued back on...cant even tell!

Ripped everything apart, added a pantry with a sliding door. THese pics are older, and the white chair rail was added since, other trim, etc.

Anyway, here are some pics for you:

this is look out into the bar that was a 3 season, rotting porch we ripped down and rebuilt up correctly, and brough ducting to it to make usable space. Also framed an opening by the door way to allow the rooms to be more open to each other.

Comments (24)