SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

This is what happens when you don't listen to your mother! (pics)

rosemaryt
15 years ago

The spay instructions that came home with Teddy said to check the wound twice a day. Well, today it was bleeding a little bit. Back to the vet we went with this recalcitrant puppy.

Despite my carrying her up and down steps for four days (since her surgery) and despite keeping her on a short leash all the time (even in the back yard) and despite spending plenty of "down" time in the crate and despite keeping the bedding in her crate changed every 24 hours and despite the fact that my living room floor looks like a bone-yard (13 bones laying around that she's chewed on), she wreaked some havoc with those sharp puppy teeth.

Now she's on all kinds of drugs (including a sedative, thank heavens!!!!) and she's wearing the E-collar for one week, until her next check-up.

Tell me I'm not the only one dealing with a puppy that went *back* to the vet after she was spayed...I swear, I have been so careful to follow the doctor's orders precisely. I've had several cats spayed, but I've never had an experience like this!

Rose

Sedatives are kicking in...

Comments (24)