SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

Farmers Market Report Week 8

wizardnm
11 years ago

The day dawned bright, clear and sunny. High temperatures expected to be close to 90F and it was, by the time we headed home. They also predicted that the wind would increase, with gusts close to 40 MPH. It did. What looks nice and tranquil in my pictures, taken about 8:30 AM, changed as the morning went on. Just a couple of hours later, we were getting gusty winds. After a couple of gusts that almost took the canopy down, we took it down, so that it didn't end up in the lake. Unfortunately, one of the legs broke off near the top while we were closing it up. I'll have to see if it can be repaired. If not, then I'll have to watch the weather before deciding on doing the FM each week.

The booth next to us was not as lucky. A big gust took their canopy, blowing it several hundred feet away and breaking off all the legs. It actually did almost end up in the lake. Many other canopies came down, some to be safe and some because they too had damage.

Still, sales were pretty good. There were not as many customers but I'm happy with what I did. I sold out of a couple of the new things I took, Lemon Glazed Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls and Brown Sugar Glazed Pumpkin Bread. Another new item I tried was Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cookies, those did well as did the Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bars that I've taken over the last few weeks. I brought home one loaf of Asiago Bread, it will not go to waste. It makes awesome grilled BLT's.

Pictures of this weeks market. I took some closer shots.

Nancy

Comments (7)