bladder problems at ovulation?
20 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (11)
- 20 years ago
- 20 years ago
Related Discussions
Seems to be swim bladder desease
Comments (2)Fantails and other fancy goldfish aren't the best for ponds because of this problem. It is common to them but less common in a shallow aquarium than a garden pond. They also swim so badly that they are easy prey for anything that might be interested. Sorry. Wakins have the fancy tails but straight bodies and make great pond fish without swim bladder and predation problems. :)...See Moreshubunkin with possible swim bladder disorder
Comments (6)I had an Oranda and a Ryukin with swim bladder on two different occasions. I tried the fasting then feeding the peas. This went on for more than a month. The fish never stopped eating, just swam upside down most of the time. I even sedated them and withdrew air out of them. After they sat on the bottom reviving all night, the next day they had filled up with air again and right back to floating upside down. I finally gave up and put them to sleep permanently. Glenda...See MoreExcruciating ovulation
Comments (6)Nora, I have the same pains. Almost constant - dull ache I would rate a 2 or 3 and when I am ovulating or on the first few days of my period some serious pain. Sharp stabbing pains like a razor blade on my inside. Comes and goes so unpredictably it is scary. I had a colonoscopy, ultrasounds, CT scan, blood tests and they have come to the conclusion through the process of elimination only that it is endomitrosis. I wish it hadn't taken them so long. I have been suffering in the meentime. I was referred finally to a gynocologist who recomended trying at this time to quite my female parts with birth control. I just started 5 days ago and I can't say they are working yet. Today is terrible! I haven't given them enough time. Gynocologist wants me to give it 3 months then if there is no improvement they will scope and biopsy to test for endomitrosis and most likely take out my left ovary that is my problem. Good luck. Don't be scared to go to the doctor but if you are of don't have insurance. Try birth control like me. It can't hurt you unless you are a smoker. Doctors don't recomend it if you are a smoker and they do have some side effects. I had to take them at night because if I took them in the morning I felt sick and had a wicked head ache. Good luck. I am still suffering and will be watching for your update. I will let you know if I have any improvement or the ever scope to be sure like I am now that it is my ovary. They have checked everything else possible on the lower left side of my body it could be and it all checked out well....See MoreOvulation Pain
Comments (11)Landygirl, As I was reading your post,I had to do a double take, and make sure it wasn't me! Everything you have said, is exactly what I have experienced. I am 47, having the intense pain at ovulation, long light periods. I even had the episode with appendecitis, however, I really did have appendecitis and had it removed at age 16. I've had endometriosis (diagnosed w/laparoscopy) for many years, infertility, but now have 4 children. I had the ultrasound and the transverse ultrasound. They show numerous med size (2-3 cm) cysts on one ovary. That is what causes the pain. I have the options of having a vaginal hysterectomy, remove ovaries. I'm reluctant to lose the estrogen from my ovaries, and don't know whether I'm just trading one problem for others. If there is anyone out there with similar issues, and success, I'd love to hear your story....See More- 15 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

PETS6 Ways to Help Your Dog and Landscape Play Nicely Together
Keep your prized plantings intact and your dog happy too, with this wisdom from an expert gardener and dog guardian
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPING10 Chores You Can Whip Through During Commercials
Use ad time for getting tasks done, and it’s like fast-forwarding your house into cleanliness
Full Story
FURNITURESmart Shopper: How to Buy a Mattress
Confusing options, hair-raising prices, haggling ... Our guide can keep you from losing sleep over mattress shopping
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEA Laundry Makes Room for a Diva Cat
A South Carolina laundry room was designed to be sophisticated and functional, but when a kitten arrived, whimsy emerged
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNShould You Install a Urinal at Home?
Wall-mounted pit stops are handy in more than just man caves — and they can look better than you might think
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGHow to Make a Pond
You can make an outdoor fish paradise of your own, for less than you might think. But you'll need this expert design wisdom
Full Story
PETS5 Finishes Pets and Kids Can’t Destroy — and 5 to Avoid
Save your sanity and your decorating budget by choosing materials and surfaces that can stand up to abuse
Full Story
LIFEThe Top 5 Ways to Save Water at Home
Get on the fast track to preserving a valuable resource and saving money too with these smart, effective strategies
Full Story
TILEEpoxy vs. Cement Grout — What's the Difference?
Grout is grout, right? Nope. Cement and epoxy versions have different appearances, durability and rules of installation
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGHow to Harvest Rainwater for Your Garden
Conserve a vital resource and save money by collecting stormwater for irrigation in a barrel or tank
Full StorySponsored
catherinet