SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Let's review the Grammys, shall we?

alisande
12 years ago

For once I watched the whole show (well, most of it). I thought LL Cool J did a nice job of emceeing. I liked the way he started out the show, paying tribute to Whitney Houston in a way that was just right, I thought. Later, I was blown away by Jennifer Hudson's tribute rendition of "I Will Always Love You." She didn't try to emulate Whitney at all, but sang it with a lot of her own feelings. Beautiful voice.

I was happy to see Glen Campbell's excellent performance! The last time I saw him on TV, he seemed more confused (he has Alzheimer's), so I was a little nervous for him this time. But he was terrific.

Did anyone notice the two women sitting and texting during his standing ovation? Not nice.

It was great to see the remaining Beach Boys together again. I thought the beginning of their song was a little ragged (understandably, considering how long it's been since they performed together), but it picked up when the other musicians joined them.

I loved Adele's performance--and how great that she isn't skinny as a rail, doesn't strip, and doesn't find it necessary to have a gimmick or special effects. Normally I'm not crazy about gum-chewing at awards ceremonies (or anywhere else), but it seemed part of her naturalness.

I like Carrie Underwood a lot, and she did her best, but she seemed an odd choice for a duet with Tony Bennett. Perhaps that was the point, but she was clearly out of her element.

Loved the Alicia Keys/Bonnie Raitt tribute to Etta James.

Paul McCartney still rocks!

I'm sure I'm showing my age, but I didn't like all the musical numbers. IMO, the worst of them was Nicki Minaj's performance. Is she trying (and failing) to be a black Gaga? I never heard of her before last night, and if I never hear (or see) her again, it will be too soon. :-)

So.....what did you think of the show?

Comments (30)