SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brown126_gw

Need advice on size of school house pendants

brown126
15 years ago

I posted last week on school house lighting and the responses were great. We have been looking at rejuvination and schoolhouse lighting. However, we are still having trouble with the size of the lights. We have yet to hang a balloon although we will try this tomorrow. With that being said, any other advice on the size of the pendants will be real helpful.

We are dealing with a peninsula that come out 69 inches from the stall with a 12 inch depth cabinet on the wall. The peninsuala has an overhang for 3 seats but we can squeeze a fourth in there just under the cabinet.

With that being said, we are working with approximately 57 inches of an exposed peninsula. We also have to account for the doors of the cabinet when hanging the lights.

Our question is this, we want to hang 2 pendant lights. We think that 12 inch school house pendants will be too big. We found a pendant as small as 5 inches but it will require a non standard bulb.

Does anyone have thoughts on possible sizes. We have found several 9 inches and a couple of 8 inches. Will these work for us?

I know a lot has to do with preference but I guess we would like some opinions and experiences as this site has been so helpful throughout our renovation.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments (8)