SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittone2

Which of these greens and blues would flow nicely?

brittone2
13 years ago

If anyone would like to help a long time lurker, but infrequent poster, I'd love your help (and if you have a sizable fandeck, even better :) )

I don't have a full fan deck in front of me and can't get to the BM or SW store for a few days. I'm looking at colors for our new (to us) house that we're moving into in a few days. I'll take my time and sample colors on our walls, but if I could narrow down a scheme that flows nicely, it would be helpful. We have 3 children under age 7, so I don't really get to meander about the paint store like I'd like to. Having some idea of a color scheme to zone in on would be helpful.

My last house was a lot of latte, silver sage, sycamore green. I'd like to change it up slightly but have some blueish grayish green slate to work around in the entry and a few other challenges.

Here are some colors that I have jotted down that I would like to look at more closely. Any suggestions for which of these would flow well together in general:

bm mill springs blue

bm smokey green

sw haven

sw fen (old martha color)

bm dry sage

bm cheyanne green

bm gray mirage

bm hampshire gray

bm athenian green

bm misted green

bm saybrook sage

bm windchime

Bm sea salt

BM palladian blue

SW blue hubbard

I also like Hush, am looking at Ivorie, etc. to maybe break up all the blues and greens? Any ideas there?

We have natural wood trim in now; I'm about 85% sure we'll paint it. Still debating on the vaulted knotty pine ceiling in the family room (may whitewash?).

I have colors narrowed down for my son and daughter. Everything else is up for grabs :)

Would any of these work well with a creamyish neutral yellow? I may do a creamy yellow or something more neutral in the kitchen. Will eventually be painting the kitchen cabs white-ish (SW creamy?). THey are currently oak (but not orangey oak at least ;) ). We've painted cabs before and while that will be a task, we were happy with the results in our last home.

-current couches are kinda taupey; they will get replaced in the next few years. Not sure if we'll go with leather or something with a white slipcover

-dining room will eventually hold a barnwood table with a darker mahogany colored base most likely (I have windsor chairs in that color right now)

-I'm kinda getting back into some brass and gold. I like it paired with the cooler bluey greens. I have some great framed art in antiqued goldish frames and would like to incorporate some of that.

I love this inspiration pic. Thought this color might work well with the knotty pine ceiling if we don't dispense with its pine-ness!

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/cykakris/House/?action=view&current=BlueandBrownLR.jpg

I think that is maybe F&B borrowed light (discussed here). I am going to see if I can find something close to that at SW or BM. Not sure if they would have the formula on hand. And of course, who knows how it would read in *our* room. And I realize it won't be F&B if I have it matched.

Thanks so much for any help or creative insight you might want to throw my way. I learn so much from the creative and talented members here and I hope you don't mind the fact that I'm hitting you up for some advice! Oh, and any suggestions for trim?

Comments (10)