SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemaryt_gw

My puppy thinks she's being tortured...(another spay question)

rosemaryt
15 years ago

Thanks for all the advice about spaying dogs. It was very interesting to see the wide diversity of cost!

Teddy was spayed at a PETA clinic over the weekend (Sunday morning, actually). The cost was $90, which *included* a microchip and registration for the microchip. That's a LOT better than the $350 I was quoted at the local vet (with $65 more for the microchip).

So, 16-week-old Teddy came home yesterday and she was a little loopy from the general anesthetic for about two hours. After that, she bounced up from my lap and was ready and rarin' to go.

This morning, I gave her the pain meds (as directed) and hoped it'd make her a little sleepy. No such luck. As I write this, she's tethered to the couch (at my feet) by a short leash and seems quite certain that her life is over.

When we went outside for the potty walk in the back yard (on leash), she was bucking like a bronco because she wanted to go play.

She's been spending more time than usual in the crate but she doesn't like that either. I've surrounded her with fresh bones and chew toys that doesn't interest her.

We're supposed to keep her quiet and level (no jumping, no stairs) for seven days. She's already bouncing off the walls. What do you do?

I'm tempted just to put her in the crate and walk away, but she screams like a banshee when I do that.

How do you keep a herding dog (puppy!) quiet for seven days?

Rose

Comments (12)