SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryt_gardener

New here-- have questions????

maryt_gardener
16 years ago

??

Hello, I don't currently live in a mobile. We did years ago as newlyweds. We owned our own home for years but due to a patch of unemployment we ended up selling it and moving across country to the carolinas from the midwest. We are currently renting a home.

We are trying to figure out a way to own our own home again WITHOUT a mortgage.

We will have saved up about 70,000 by the end of this year if all goes well. We'd been talking about buying a cheap home and fixing it up but the things in our price range all seem to be in pretty scarey neighborhoods.

Now we've always heard that mobiles/manus have terrible resale value-- I guess not sure that we care about that anymore--we're now thinking--look-- we just want a place to live that is OURS and that we can live in and retire in and enjoy some peace of mind knowing that if some hard times come again we won't have banks calling us.

Here's my ???s.

1. about how much does it cost to move a mobile home if you happened to buy one 2nd hand and inexpensive? I often see them advertised quite low if you move it.

2. Can anything be done to an old double wide to make it last longer or make it into a permanent building?

3. Do you feel your manu/mobile is a good deal? Are you happy you got it? Would you do it again?

thanks to anyone who could answer ?'s so much, Mary

Comments (8)

Sponsored