SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jejvtr_gw

Please vote, mama's lamps/tables or no - tia

jejvtr
15 years ago

My mom passed away in Sept - and we finally got around to distributing the personal property - Interesting because there are 9 children!

I was fortunate to "win" my mom's coveted nesting end tables & beautiful crane lamps - both from Japan (Okinawa) purchased in the 50's when she & my dad were living there. The tables are rosewood & not ornate - the lamps are beautiful ceramic -

I wanted a more substantial piece to be on either side of the huge H&M sofa - 1st pics are another heirloom Hendredon nesting tables fr. my mother's grandmother - lovely but too light weight to be w/sofa - Oops that is a pillow cover on the arm of couch - I'm sewing (rather getting out the seam ripper to start over)

Different angle demonstrating the size of the arm of couch vs. those lovely (yet spindly) tables

Mom's rosewood nesting tables & Crane lamps - I realize the lamp would need another shade - 1st need to decide if I'm keeping/improving this area

Some strong afternoon light effecting the photos -

Please let me know -I'm in the midst of doing some work in here (ivory drapes, waiting for hardware) -

I have another single end table & crane lamp that can go at other end of the couch -

Since this is emotional I know you will help me not make a strictly emotional decision - I recall one of many "Saturday jobs" was to dust the end tables & matching coffee table (a sister "won") - My mother always LOVED these as did each of us.

Let me know if they REALLY work, not because I would "like" them to work -

Many thanks

Comments (26)