SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Anyone have pics of cooktop in island with/without hood?

remodelfla
16 years ago

I have gone back and forth about putting an induction cooktop in an island when I partially remodel. I've read all the reasons the why I shouldn't but I REALLY REALLY love the look design wise. I DO cook, almost a hobby for me. However, most heavy grilling is done outside, year round, since I live in Fla. My main reason for backing off the idea is I'm not fond of heavy looking hoods. Downdrafts are not an option since my home is on a slab. I've searched the entire FKB and found some island cooktops; most with some kind of venting; a few without. The island I plan on building will start about 42" from my existing range. I was thinking if I built part of the island lower (I'm 5' tall and find standard height base cabinets a little uncomfortable for cooking) and paralell to where the range is now; that it wouldn't get smokey in the eating area. My kitchen is about 19' long by 16' wide. The eating area is at the far end by the family room. I'll post pics when I have some more time. I would love to see some island cooktops with or without hoods for some ideas. I especially would love to see some sleeker (?) hoods that I could vent through my attic/roof. I don't want ultra modern but don't want a huge hunk of stainless steel. My ceilings are on 8' high. My favorite option would be to forgo a hood altogether but I know you'll tell me all the reasons why I shouldn't. Thanks for any ideas/help you can give me.

Comments (11)