SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kahlanne_gw

Please photoshop or give advice on fireplace

kahlanne
16 years ago

I was wondering if anyone here could do a photoshop for me or at least give me your thoughts on my fireplace. I was watching Color Splash and David did a great treatment to a white painted fireplace and hearth. I loved the look and think it would work for my fireplace but am not sure. It really would help to see it. Otherwise, what do you think? Our hearths are similar and my fireplace has always had issues. The picture is the only one I could find of my fireplace. We have changed many things, removed the mirror, replaced the grates with ceiling tins, rearranged the mantel stuff, and last but not least, we installed hardwood rather than that hideous carpet. Removing the mirror gave a suprise of two more holes in the brick above to match the lovely vents below on the hearth. They are above the mantel but in line with the hearth vents. They were for a vent system which went with the fireplace insert which was removed. The venting is no longer needed and is ugly which is why I covered them with dark painted ceiling tiles but this isn't the perfect treatment. Which is why I am looking to change again. So, any thoughts? Do you think the "hood" would work on our fireplace? How would we treat the lower vents? Thanks so much.

Hope this works...never inserted pics before...

David's fireplace...

My ugly fireplace...

Comments (7)