SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farfrae

Dining room is blah, needs something

farfrae
16 years ago

I want to get the dining room looking better. I am happy with the furniture but want to change the seat cushion fabric, tablecloth and maybe window treatments. Paint color is Benj. Moore blonde wood 1067, living room is one shade lighter, barely beige 1066. I can change paint color but my husband will be much happier if we don't. I included some living room pics to show what I have going on so far. Dining rooms photos are dark, the paint color is closer to what you see in living room. This room only gets sun in the afternoon. Fabrics I like are usually scroll or vines, kind of like the tablecloth. I am open to ideas on fabric, but for chair cushions something that might hide a few stains. I usually have the chairs covered with white towels! Don't like toile or fabrics with monkeys and/or elephants. As you can tell I am afraid if color, but I like red, blue, gold, some purples. I like the colonial look, but relaxed traditional is what I would call my style. I like the European country look also. The 2 bright chairs in living rooms are from my mom, so I am getting a bit more comfortable with color. House is a mid 70's tract house, kind of boxy. If you have suggestions for either room I'd love to hear them.

Comments (28)