SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hokie98

flat end plugs for lamps to use in floor outlets?

hokie98
15 years ago

We bought a new home exact a year ago, and we've been living without lamps in our family room since then because I don't know where to plug them in, and it's driving me nuts. Our home is very open, matter of fact, we have one huge center room in the house that is the foyer, DR, and FR (separated by pillars). Due to our floor plan and window placement, all of our family room furniture is pulled off the walls, which is different for me. All of our past homes have had the furniture placed on 2 or 3 walls, making outlets accessible. The traffic flows all around the edges of the room, so I can't really run an cord to the wall. There is an outlet in the floor, but it's in the dead center of the family room area, which means it's covered by a large area rug covering our hardwood floors. I've been struggling on how to place lamps on our end tables, when the outlet is under the rug in the middle of the room. I was hoping to find battery operated lamps, but apparently they don't exist (...if I were an inventor, that's an idea...). Anyway, a friend suggested finding new plug-ends for the lamps that are flush on one side (or at least sort of flush). There is a coffee table that sits over the outlet under the rug, so if the plugs aren't completely flush, that's okay, but then again, I don't want the rug to pucker too much. I can't be the only one with this dilemma...any suggestions? Please?! Thanks in advance!

Comments (24)