SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldrustybucket

Just a little concerned...

oldrustybucket
16 years ago

went yesterday for what I expected to be a normal yearly eye exam at 9:45 am with a new doctor in my insurance network.

as most would expect...when you have passed the 50ish year..that simple eye exam developes into a puff of air, etc. Well, thankfully this OD did not use air, but used some sort of machine that gave him the info he needed, then the normal "can you read" and "is this better or worse" questions followed..

and then the dreaded...."I need to dilate your eyes so I can see inside of the eye" ... OK, no problem...I kinda expected that and inquired about how long would it be before eyes returned to normal as I needed to drive to work at 5:15 pm and work until approximately 10:30 pm. He assured me "would not be a problem" everything would be back to normal and driving would not be a problem, even upon leaving his office after the exam...since it was early in the day, "I should only experience some brightness and should just be extra careful driving home...then rest for a while."

Well as I sit here at 7:30 am the next morning, my eyes are still dilated! Granted, maybe not the to same extent as yesterday, but certainly far from normal!

Normally, my pupil is very small and i have been assured by several doctors, it is quite normal to be small as some people do experience this type of change with age and the pupil no longer increases in size as quickly as it did when they were younger...but this morning, it is still very open!

I could not even make out the pic of my grandchildren on my cell phone without my glasses, normally I can and do, because I use it as an alarm clock!

Have any of you experienced this kind of reaction...this is somewhat worrisome. Hope I haven't made a lot typos in this post!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County