SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katsmah

Mostly finished creamy white - before and after pics

katsmah
13 years ago

My kitchen was mostly finished just in time for the holidays, just missing the backsplash, which I hoped to order and have installed this month. Unfortunately, I was laid off 2 weeks ago so the backsplash will have to wait until I'm employed again. So until then, the kitchen is as done as it will get.

The before kitchen was a tiny 8'9" x 11'3" and poorly laid out. The last renovation had been done in the 50's and while the cabinets were in very good condition, the room was too small for a cooktop and separate wall oven. The room was also dark.

We had the passthru to the family room opened as wide as possible and had the wall to the dining room taken out. With a few inches taken from the dining room, the after size is 9'10" x 11'3" with the dining room now at 9'3" x 11'3". Both rooms feel bigger. I don't remember who on this site first suggested taking down that wall, the thread is long gone, but thank you! to whoever made that suggestion. It made a huge difference.

I'm thrilled with the new kitchen. I never could have done this without this site. Thank you!

Before - sink wall

After - sink wall

Before - stove wall

After - stove wall -

Before - oven wall

After - Refrigerator and Pantry

Before - from dining room

After - from dining area

From family room -

Caramelo granite -

Details:

Cabinets - Starmark maple beaded inset in Marshmallow Cream