SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christineinct

Undercabinet fluorescent problem...need help!

christineinct
14 years ago

I'd like to use T5 undercabinet fluorescent light fixtures (lots of light, energy efficient, bulb choices, and don't get warm). They will be hardwired and operated by a single switch. I like the Juno Pro-Fluorescent line but have a space issue (a corner cabinet ends a 48" space creating 36" of linear space in the front of the cabinets and 48" of linear space in the back of the cabinets...meaning this only allows the 34.5" fixture size considering the 5" depth of the Juno). I'm not sure that the 34.5" size will be enough light for the 48" space. I like a lot of light! And I can't seem to find any recommendations for fixture lengths versus area needed to be lit. As an alternative, I have been looking at a tubular series by Geminix (T5 Linear Fluorescent) or Brodwax Lighting (Super-Sleek ultra-slim T5). Pegasus has a similar product. If I understand this type of light correctly, the tube faces the counter and only takes up 7/8 inches of space. I know that the amount of light one likes is subjective, but does anyone know the spread of a T5 bar fixture....will a 34.5" fixture be enough light for the 48" space? Are Geminix and Brodwax reliable? Any other suggestions for me? Thanks for your help!

Comment