SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

How to categorize lamps and art pottery on Craigs List?

IÂm trying to sell a few things on CraigÂs list. There is no good category for them which is maybe why I have not had any responses. (though theyÂve only been posted a week so maybe IÂm jumping the gun) These are all quality pieces; if I think itÂs worth less than $50 I just donate it.

I listed them under "household goods" because they are not Furniture though maybe I should be listing them under Furniture. When I look at other listings in household goods itÂs mostly appliances with some waste-of-time kitchen utensils tossed in (honestly, whoÂs going to drive for an egg separator???) and just plain junk for $5, $10 or less. I could see that no one would be looking for a good piece in with that stuff. ThereÂs Arts and Crafts but that has stuff like hobby stuff, paint pens and dried florals.

What I have are lamps (some antique), statues and decorative accessories like large, one of a kind artist-made modern display vases and bowls. What would you recommend for a category? Should I just be patient and try a new category each week? I donÂt urgently need the space but have to remember to keep after it. Or does everyone use a search term, so category doesnÂt matter?

Comments (4)