SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jscozz_gw

Comparing CR6 vs LR6

jscozz
13 years ago

I know the CR6 is not available yet, but I have seen YouTube videos of them being installed in Habitat houses... so I am guessing some pre-release units are out there. I have been coming up to speed about these two models from this forum and CREE spec sheets. I have a few questions... not sure if anyone on here has first hand experience with these yet... but any input would be greatly appreciated. I am considering these for my home.

1) The specs say they get pushed in and twisted to lock in place. What do the tabs grab on to? The YouTube video showed a gap between the ceiling and trim that the guy could not tighten... do these stay in place properly? Can they be installed easily to be tight with no gaps?

2) I saw a video on the LR6 being disassembled... showed the sensor that is actively adjusting the light color temp. Is this the "TrueWhite" which appears to be in both the LR6 and the CR6? I read here in other posts here that there is one color feature that is NOT on the CR6 that the LR6 has. What is this feature and is it important for residential use? I have seen a lot of early specs posted here that now seem to be wrong... may be CREE has changed them... lifetime at 50,000, power consumption at 10.5, trims available... is there still a difference in the color stabilization or is this no longer a difference either?

3) What is left as the advantage of the LR6 besides 575->650 lumens?

Comments (9)