SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heathero_gold

Counters? for lakeside summer cottage

heathero_gold
12 years ago

We've been renovating a great little 1920's summer cottage that will serve as a guest house for family and friends. And, we'll move in when we eventually reno the kitchen in our 1985 Cape built behind the cottage. The existing kitchen had suffered water and squirrel damage and was not salvageable, so we gutted back to studs. We used recycled display cabinets and fireclay sink from Green Demolitions (with some custom work from our contractor) and kept the blue slate floor. The rest of the cottage is fir boarding, floors to ceiling.

I'm just not sure what to do about counters. I want something I don't have to stress about after install, something that fits and maybe just a bit fun!

Ikea butcherblock would be priced right, but should I be concerned about water damage from undermount farm sink and use by guests? Is it TOO much wood?

Concrete? Contractor has never done these but is pretty sure he can figure them out.

Soapstone or dark antique/leather finish granite? What will work with the floor?

Quartz?

Stainless/copper?

Here are some pics to let you know where we are at:

I'd love your thoughts and suggestions!!!!

Thanks,

Heather

Comments (24)