SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cearab_gw

Overstock.com sheet problem

cearab
14 years ago

I am wondering if anyone else has purchased sheets from Overstock.com. I am used to sleeping on quality cotton sheets that are soft and comfortable. I also do not iron them, just remove them promptly from the dryer (dry on low).

Anyway, I ordered a set of sheets from overstock.com that were billed as 500 thread count.They looked pretty, and the edging on the pillowcases and top sheet give them an elegant look (online). They arrived quickly, but the cotton felt stiff. One of the reviewers on overstock suggested pre-washing them prior to use, so soften them up. So I did. Three times. Put them in the dryer on low/delicate and promptly removed them. They were a wrinkled mess. So I gave them another rinse (using fabric softener each time), and once again, they came out incredibly wrinkled. The area on the pillowcases and the top sheet where the top-stitching is was particularly wrinkled. These are sheets that would have to be ironed and starched to remove the wrinkles. I also discovered a Kohl's Sonoma brand label inside the sheets. Hardly a luxury brand, and the only other item I have purchased that was a Sonoma brand was also not good quality.

I have decided to return them because I know they will never become soft and the quality is not good. Hopefully, I will get a full refund, even though I did wash (but not use) them.

I have heard people saying they have purchased high quality sheets on overstock. Does anyone here have experience with a particular brand on overstock? My other sheets are Charisma and Court of Versailles. I think I purchased those at Tuesday Morning, but I am on a tight budget right now and cannot afford to spend what I paid for those sheets in the past.

Attached is a link to the sheets I purchased. I'd appreciate any suggestions or experiences you have with overstock.

Here is a link that might be useful: overstock.com sheets

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths