SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fluffybutt

Living Room Progress...

fluffybutt
13 years ago

First I want to thank everyone who weighed in on my living room! I was having such a hard time with it!! There were lots of ideas, so many of them conflicting and I had to a step back for a while. Now it's not completely done, but I can live with it.

This is where I'm at so far. I still haven't gotten any new furniture--just borrowed things from around the house. What I am happy about is that I finally have it worked out as far as the furniture arrangement and dealing with the pain in the neck angled wall. Most people seemed to like the sofa in front of the windows but it really didn't feel comfortable to me when sitting there. Plus it made it difficult with furniture placement in front of the angled wall.

Still want to get a plain ivory sofa but I'm not hating this one as bad now so I'll take my time finding what I want (at a good price). I want to get a more tradional style chair (that is next to sofa), new tables, and I plan on slipcovering the chair on the angled wall. The only brand new things in the room are the plant and the mirror. I may replace the mirror above the couch one day with some artwork, but for now it's doing the job.

Bronwynsmom suggested I get a large leaner type mirror for the angled wall but then it was suggested that the reflection might not be so great. Well I did try that idea, which I loved, but it reflected practically nothing and that was where your eye went when you walked in the front door. Still need to paint!

So what do you think of the changes and any suggestions?

Before:

Another Before:

Now:

Angled wall:

Comments (18)