SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorifromutah

~Puppies in a blue bowl

LorifromUtah
16 years ago

LOL

My washer wasn't working.

The only day the repairman could come was last Saturday.

We were going to be gone.

Since we know the repairman very well there's generally no problem with him coming into our home when we're gone.

This time, however, there WAS a problem.

Gabby.

And her seven young 'uns.

Gabby is extremely combative when she has puppies. Protective doesn't describe how Gabby gets after she's whelped. She goes looking for fights and I am certain she would tear a hole in a stranger's leg. Poor thing. She must suffer from some doggie postpartum-aggressiveness or something....?

So, for the day we locked her and her puppies in my

bathroom. That way there were two closed doors between Gabby and the repairman.

For being only four days old (two at the time) her puppies are amazingly fat.

And slick. And squirmy.

And hard to hold onto.

Carrying two at a time poses the threat of dropping one.

Instead of making two, or three, or seven trips up and down the stairs I found a big, blue bowl and made only one trip.

I only had to stop once to show Gabby that yes, indeed, her puppies where in the bowl and we were all going to the same place.

LOL

Lori

The washer is fixed!

YAY!

It wasn't the transmission....just the coupling.

I hope the fix will last for a long time.

Have you priced washing machines lately?

Comments (31)

• grammahony
    16 years ago

Now that is a load in that bowl. Little sweeties.
    Leslie

• donna_oh
    16 years ago

OMG, what a sweet pic! Just think of all the puppy breath you get to smell---Lucky

Donna (^_^)

• stephanie_in_ga
    16 years ago

I am so glad you took a minute to take that picture! That is just too cute. I am in puppy love over your new pups!

• jenni_ca
    16 years ago

Now that is just to dang cute!
    And what a great idea to put them in a bowl!
    I think I should have one!!!

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    16 years ago

All are going to be hairy.
    Maybe not as hairy as Tuffy but will have that 'bad hair day' look about them.

Okay Jen.
    You can have one, after the first five are picked out.
    Can you imagine?
    I have had deposits from five people since last June to hold a puppy from this batch?

Lori

• stephmc72
    16 years ago

Oh My GOSH...they are soooooooo cute. I haven't been around a puppy that small in a very long time. I love puppy breath!! I want to just hold one.

• Cherryfizz
    16 years ago

Lori, you always take the best pics!

The puppies are sooo cute with their little pink muzzles and fat little bellies. Great idea to put them in a bowl to transport them. LOL

I love the smell of sweet puppy breath too.

Anne

• dances_in_garden
    16 years ago

OH! The little pink noses! I want the tri-coloured one at the bottom. If I start driving now, will I get there in time to pick it up when it's weaned LOL?

• abby221
    16 years ago

Very cute. What breed are they?

Sheri/CA

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dances, you nut.
    You sound like one of those impossible story-math problems...

If Lori's adorable puppies are four days old at 1pm January 7 in Randolph, Utah and ride easily in a blue, four quart plastic bowl from the basement to the upstairs bathroom what time will Dances (with Ruby and DD) have to leave Canada to pickup the tricoloured puppy at the bottom of the bowl at weaning age? What will her MPH speed be, factoring in food, potty and walk breaks for Dances, Ruby and DD? If she fuels up in Canada and again in the States what will her mile per gallon ratio for the entire trip be? From Ontario to Utah only?

LOL

Lori

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Oh, how sweet! What breed(s) are they?

Glad to hear you got the washer going and it wasn't much. Too bad you didn't get to see him fix the 'coupling' so you'd have experience for the next time. The 'coupling' is a new wrinkle with me.

Sue

• stephanie_in_ga
    16 years ago

And following up on the story problem..

Give your answer in both kilometers and miles.

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm sorry Sheri.
    Yours and Dances reply came in the same time and I didn't see your question.

They are bearded collies/border collie mix and are adorable.

The grandmother (Tip) to these puppies was half Bearded Collie and the grandfather (Top) a full blood border collie. My dog Tuffy is Tip and Top's daughter.

Tuffy's full sister, Afton is Gabby's mother. Gabby's father is a working cow dog from Texas. Give me a few minutes and I'll think of the breed.

I bred Gabby to Tuffy's spittin' image full brother, Whiskers. Gabby and Whiskers have some very nice puppies together.
    All are characters and are looking to belong to someone.
    I just love em!

Here is a link that might be useful: bearded collies

• FlamingO in AR
    16 years ago

I'm telling you, Lori- submit this picture to the Page-A-Day dog calendar for 2009! I bet they'll take it and all your pups will be famous little fatties!

The answer is- if Dances left tonight she would be there by tomorrow night (if she drove straight thru) which she would because she'd be too excited to sleep!

• okwriter
    16 years ago

That is SO cute, Lori! Mama done good... :-)

• buzzard
    16 years ago

Dagnabit, Lori, quit posting pictures of those wonderful puppies. Cause if you don't, I might be forced to drive up there, camp out on your porch, wait until the 5 depositees make their pick, wait for Jenni to pick, grab the last one and flee back to TX. Your neighbors would be very uneasy seeing a buzzard camped on your porch for that long.

Oh yeah, I could beat Dances there too!

• caroline94535
    16 years ago

They're so sweet! Could you send me the bowl full of puppies so I can pet them, and hold them, and play with them, and sniff their puppy breaths? I'll send them back to you and Gabby...after Harry and BeeGee get to play and sniff with them, too, of course. LOL

They both love puppies! Harry's surprisingly gentle with tiny dogs. He's normally such a rough, clumsy doofus, but he gets all "maternal", or perhaps avuncular, with puppies.

• jen_tx
    16 years ago

Now THAT is just the cutest thing I've seen in a looonnngggg time! I can just imagine the heat those fat little bodies give off. I don't even want a puppy at this time (have two older dogs already) but I WANT one of those! haha

How can you tell they are going to be the long hair type?

Is that last pic of Tuffy, Gabby or Whiskers? They are REALLY intent on something! Love it.

Smooch one of those fat, hot puppy bellies for me,'K? And keep taking those adorable pictures.

• liz
    16 years ago

OMG...this is absolutely the sweetest picture I've ever seen...it needs to be on a calendar!!

You're being a good grandma...and you know Gabby's just protectin her kids from the dreaded washin machine man....LOL...that was a smart move puttin them in the washtub...

• marilyn_c
    16 years ago

How cute!!!

I love the picture of the adult dog...is that Tuffy?

• Linda Wayman
    16 years ago

You really know how to put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing that precious picture.

Linda

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Now buzzard.
    You know darn good and well my neighbors would have no problem if a BAB showed up at my house. You've been here before and there were no problems whatsoever.
    LOL

I can tell the puppies will have unruly hair because it is sticking up already. As they get older I will be able to stroke their hair the wrong way and it'll stand up. When they get older the hair will stick up on it's own...no mousse necessary.

Yes, Marilyn, that is Tuffy. She is the one who got a fungal infection in her nose and mouth when she was a puppy (after Custer MADE ME spay her!) and we either had to put her down or spend $1200 fixing her. She's still here so you know which option I took.

LOL

Now remember, there are only two puppies left, unless one of the depositees backs out (I'll give them a refund. I don't want to make a killing on my dogs....just get them into a good home) you guys will either have to roll dice and draw numbers for the remaining two. I expect a fair game and good sportsmanship from all puppy participants....okay?

LOL

Lori

• dances_in_garden
    16 years ago

Oh, sure. Fair is fair, and it is best to be a good sport. *practicing her 'thumb-in-the-eye' technique*. I wouldn't THINK of fighting unfairly *packing a lead pipe down her pant leg*. After all, we are all friends, aren't we? *Now. Where did I put that chloroform?*

Bwa-ha-ha-haaaaa!

• summer_tx
    16 years ago

Shhhh Dances, don't give away all of your stealing techniques. Lori is thumb and pipe savvy or didn't you know. I mean, she lives in the wide open plains at the foot of huge mountains in Utah. The woman cut her teeth on a Colt 45. :)

There are some lucky pup parents out there somewhere Lori. Can't wait to hear who qualifies for the last two.

• ronf_gw
    16 years ago

Dances, Ontario to Utah; I'm thinking you have to go through Minnesota. Pick me up and I'll help with gas and driving and we can be in Utah before anyone else around here even knows what's going on. We'll take the last 2 pups and be headed for home in less than 24hrs.
    Just in case we run into opposition from some of the "others" around here I'll pack my taser.

Ron

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    16 years ago

*snort*

You guys are nuts and I love it!

Chloroform?
    A taser?

Wow. All that arsenal for two mutt puppies.

Does this mean Dances will be Cruella? What's Cruella's male counterpart...? (I don't remember.)*G*

While you two are planning your dognapping remember Gabby is extremely protective....more aggressive than protective really. I think she suffers from a form a doggie post partum depression. She will give you some trouble.....is THAT why you'll be packin' a taser Ron? And Dances? Chloroform is only effective if you get close enough.

LOL

lori

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Regarding fair play and sportsmanship:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

carry on....

LOL

• buzzard
    16 years ago

hehehehehehehehehehehe...

...while Dances and Ron fight off Gabby...buzzard sneaks away with puppies...

• stephanie_in_ga
    16 years ago

OK. What if I send this to your door? (I'll wipe his face off.) "Pleeease can I have a puppy?" Those big blue eyes are a weapon in themselves! Resist that!

He dreams of puppies!

That's my youngest. He asks for a puppy every Christmas!

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Stop!
    Stop NOW Stephanie!
    A blue eyed little boy (not unlike you blue eyed little charmer) has already hoodwinked me TWICE into trading a puppy for MaryKay products. No, he assured me, he doesn't sell makeup but his Mom does and she'll pay up front and he'll work it off with her.

Lori who has a soft spot for cute little kids....

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

That is adorable..simply adorable!

Gosh I coudln't imagine what kind of flesh eating monster my Jilly would be if she whelped! She's already a "nipper".