SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
work_in_progress_08_gw

Question for those who change decor seasonally

I am loving the greens and blues that I am seeing on the decorating forums, etc. Having removed all Christmas decor, I usually change out my candles to a light green, and have a few other green accessories. While out shopping this week with an eye toward adding some blues and greens, I found lots of accessories.

My question is how do you do this without changing out your draperies, or do you always change everything seasonally? My draperies (which are basically new) in the LR, DR and Foyer are all burgandy background with gold floral type pattern. Can I just ignore the fact that the drapery doesn't match my new accessories? I have linked to a JCP drapery that is somewhat like the one in my home. I'm only using panels. Also, to eliminate the drapery altogether isn't an option. We live on a wooded 3 acre property. Prior to hanging drapery, the rooms had a black hole feel without any drapery framing the window.

In years past, I've always just changed out to the light green candles in my pewter candle sticks and not given any thought to the drapery. Now, I've purchased a few decorative pillows, a bluish throw, etc. The thing is, DH hates drapery. The drapery I've hung only frame the large windows. We never close the drapes (heaven forbid).

So my question to those of you who change things out seasonally, how much of a faux pas is it to change out accessories and ignore that the drapery material doesn't in any way match the new accessories. I can't justify the purchase of new drapery, but so want to brighten things up for spring and summer.

Thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Drapery similar to mine, panels only

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022